LAEQ comprises advanced instruments as well as a data analysis laboratory on the urban environment. State-of-the-arts instruments―portable air pollution sensors and personal noise dose meters, multisport GPS watches, action cameras―allow the team to collect data in real time on individuals’ exposure to air pollution and traffic noise. The research laboratory will also include a spatial data server and 16 high-performance computers equipped with the necessary software for data analysis.
Instruments for measuring exposure to air and noise pollution
- 10 personal portable air quality devices (Aeroqual serie 500) with an NO2 sensor and a temperature and humidity sensor
- 10 Brüel & Kjær personal noise dose meters (type 448)
- 10 sound calibrators Brüel & Kjær (type 4231)
- 10 Garmin Forerunner 920XT
- 10 Hexoskin Smart Shirts (heat rate, breathing rate, minute ventilation, activity intensity, peak acceleration, steps, cadence)
- 7 Garmin VIRB XE action cameras
Photo credit: Gophrette Power.
On-the-ground data collection instruments
- 10 Android Samsung Galaxy tablets
The laboratory includes a web server, spatial data and 16 high-performance computers equipped with the necessary software for data analysis.
GIS and remote sensing software
- ArcGIS and its extensions (Geostatistical Analyst, Network Analyst, Publisher, Schematics, Spatial Analyst, Tracking Analyst)
- ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Mobile
- Quantum GIS
- Brüel & Kjær LIMA Predictor for modeling traffic noise
- ENVI + IDL, ENVI Feature Extraction, ENVI LiDAR
- eCognition Developer